Green Bay Metal Roof Construction
Expert Commercial Metal Roof Installation in Green Bay
Metal roofing has become an increasingly popular material for both new construction and replacing a worn out roof. Once thought of only as a roofing material for pole barns and sheds, metal roofing today is widely used on upscale homes and businesses throughout Northern Wisconsin.
Businesses in Green Bay turn to Overhead Solutions when they need professional roof construction and installation. Whether you’re looking to replace an old asphalt shingle roof on or looking for a reliable Green Bay roofing company to install metal roofing for new home construction, look to Overhead Solutions.
What Green Bay Homebuilders Need to Know about Overhead Solutions
Based in Green Bay, Overhead Solutions is a family owned company with a fanatical commitment to quality work. We don’t subcontract work. We have an experienced, licensed & bonded crew with workman’s comp and liability coverage, and company owner Paul Collins is so hands-on he’s usually on every job.
As a member in good standing of the National Roofing Contractors Association and the Better Business Bureau, we know our reputation is on the line with every job. We regularly install roofing for new residential and commercial construction projects throughout the Green Bay area, and will gladly provide references.
What Green Bay Businesses Need to Know about Metal Roofing
Metal Roof Pros
- Aesthetic appeal Metal roofs have a unique look, and with a wide range of colors to choose from it’s easy to find one that works well with your home’s existing exterior colors.
- Fire resistance Metal roofs protect against fires that start from outside the house, such as from a lightning strike or sparks from a nearby fire. Contrary to what you may think, a metal roof does not attract lightning.
- Impervious to mildew, insects and rot Unlike asphalt shingles, cedar shake and even tile roofing, metal roofing is not susceptible to any of the environmental factors that affect other roofing materials.
- Exceptional service life Metal roofs can easily last 50+ years, and most manufacturers have warrantees to back this up.
- Resists damage from wind and snow The interlocking panels of metal roofing resist damage from high wind and shed snow more readily than other roofing material.
- Doesn’t compromise roof structure The comparatively low weight of metal roofing helps maintain the structural integrity of roofs. At 50 to 150 lbs per square (an area of 100 square feet), metal roofing is significantly lighter than tile roofing (750lbs per square) and concrete tile (900 lbs per square.)
- Keeps building cooler in summer By reflecting radiant heat from the sun, metal roofs can reduce cooling costs by 10% to 25%. Although metal roofing has no insulation, its R-value can be increased significantly by installing it over rigid-foam insulation.
- Installation is quick Metal roofing can be installed in much less time than other roofing systems
- Recyclable If you’re at all concerned about the 20 billion pounds of building-related waste generated every year, you’ll appreciate that metal roofing is entirely recyclable.
Metal Roof Cons
- Cost Installing a metal roof can cost two to three times as much as other roofing.
- Noise Rain and hail on the roof will definitely be noticeable. You can add insulation under the metal panels to minimize noise.
- Denting Metal roofs are prone to denting from heavy hail.
Types of Metal Roofing We Install
Standing Seam Metal Roofing
Standing seam metal roofs are what come to mind when you imagine a cabin with a metal roof. They come in panels that run vertically with attachment flanges hidden by the next panel over. Overhead Solutions uses 24 gauge steel panels, making them resistant to denting from hail and ideal for Wisconsin’s harsh weather.
Pole Building Metal Roofing
Pole building material roofs are exactly that. The roofs you see on most barn and horse stable buildings are made with pole building metal roofing. They’re very similar to the standing seam metal roofs, except they use 26 gauge steel instead of 24 gauge and have exposed metal screws, providing better protection against the elements.
Painted Metal Shingles
Painted metal shingles come in a variety of colors and textures allowing you to match your home’s existing aesthetic. They have similar benefits to standing seam and pole building metal roofing, namely their longevity and high durability. Overhead Solutions uses 26 gauge steel for our painted metal shingles.
Stone Coated Steel Shingles
Overhead Solutions uses stone-coated steel shingles from the original manufacturer, DECRA Roofing Systems. This creative, stylish lightweight metal roofing option that has the benefits of traditional metal roofs like, their long-lasting durability with texture and style other metal roofs can’t offer.
Why Choose Overhead Solutions?
Unlike many roofing contractors in Green Bay, Overhead Solutions doesn’t just install roofs. We also repair any underlying structural issues with roof systems. If the ridge of your roof is sinking in one area, or the rafters have been compromised by carpenter ants, we can make the necessary repairs before proceeding to reroof your house.