Cedar Shake Roof Replacement in Green Bay
Professional Cedar Shake Roof Replacement Services from Overhead Solutions
The Green Bay roof replacement experts at Overhead Solutions offer superior cedar shake re-roofing services. Cedar shake roofing not only gives a natural, textured look to any roof, they also offer as much as twice the insulation value of asphalt shingles, resist strong winds and inclement weather better, and last an average of 10 years longer. They’re the roofing material of choice for historic homes with existing cedar shake roofing.
While manufacturers have developed asphalt shingles that mimic the look of cedar shake roofs, nothing matches the natural beauty and energy efficiency of cedar shake roofing. Drawbacks? They cost more upfront, are more labor-intensive to install, and require regular maintenance to prevent moss and mold growth.
Quality Roofing Shingles and Quality Installation
A quality roofing job starts with quality shingles. We use only high-quality cedar shake from some of the top manufacturers in the industry, and we back our work with the best supplemental warranties in the business—ranging from 10-year coverage plans to lifetime protection.
How Long Does a Cedar Shake Roof Last?
A properly installed cedar shake roof can easily last 30 years or more in Green Bay’s climate. The most important factor in the longevity of a cedar shake roof is maintenance. Occasional cleaning and application of preservatives go a long way toward maximizing the service life of cedar shake roofing. When you have your roof installed by Overhead Solutions, you’ll get free roof inspections every year. If we spot anything that needs attention, we’ll get right on it.
Can Cedar Shake Roofing Be Installed Over An Existing Roof?
It depends. If you have only one layer of asphalt shingles on your roof and they’re not excessively cupped or deteriorating, it’s possible to install split or rough-sawn cedar shake shingles over your asphalt shingles. This requires installing a ventilating underlayment or a layer of battens, however, which adds to both the labor and materials cost.
What about installing cedar shake shingles over an existing wood shingle roof? We usually recommend against this because of the irregular surface and the impracticality of nailing through two layers of shakes. It’s almost always better to reroof (i.e. remove all the existing shingles and install new ones over the underlayment. In some cases, though, it may be possible to install new cedar shake shingles over an existing cedar shake roof, provided the existing shingles aren’t curled or deteriorated too much.
If you’re wondering whether cedar shake can be installed over your existing roof, contact us to arrange a free inspection and quote. Our Green Bay roofers will assess the condition of your existing roof, let you know what your best option is, and provide a quote for the work.
Top 10 Roofing Questions
to ask before you hire a roofer
- Does your company have a current license, workman's comp, and liability coverage? All 3 should be a YES, and don't forget to ask for proof of each.
- Can you provide me with references in my area? A great way to look into a roofing company is to talk with their references; go see the work they have done.
- Is there a deposit? What are the terms of payment for the roofing system installed?
- What is the time frame before you can start the work? What is time frame for competition once you do start the work?
- If a re-roofing permit is required in my area, who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- In the event that your equipment, or supplier's equipment should damage my property, who is liable?
- Do you hire sub-contractors for this work? If so, what are their names and license numbers? If contractor does hire sub-contractors it is very important to obtain the certificate of insurance from that sub-contractor so you are not held liable for any accident that may occur on the job.
- Who will haul away the old roofing material or project waste?
- Are you a current member of any local or national roofing associations?
- Do you require I do anything specific to prepare my home before the re-roofing project?
Northeast Wisconsin Roofing Contractor
- Green Bay Roofing Contractors
- Oshkosh Roofing Contractors
- Appleton Roofing Contractors
- Brown County Roofing Contractors
- Calumet County Roofing Contractors
- Door County Roofing Contractors
- Fond du Lac County Roofing Contractors
- Kewaunee County Roofing Contractors
- Manitowoc County Roofing Contractors
- Marinette County Roofing Contractors
- Menominee County Roofing Contractors
- Oconto County Roofing Contractors
- Outagamie County Roofing Contractors
- Portage County Roofing Contractors
- Shawano County Roofing Contractors
- Sheboygan County Roofing Contractors
- Waupaca County Roofing Contractors
- Waushara County Roofing Contractors
- Winnebago County Roofing Contractors