Cedar Roof Repair in Green Bay
Cedar Roof Restoration and Repair from Overhead Solutions
Cedar shake roofs are a stunning, eco-friendly addition to any home. A natural insulator, cedar shingles are a great choice for homes in the frozen tundra of Green Bay. Cedar shake shingles have similar durability and longevity as asphalt shingles. For all their beauty and durability cedar shake roofs are not invincible. Cedar roofs experience wear and discoloration like any other roof but need expert repairs. Turn to the Green Bay roof repair experts at Overhead Solutions for cedar shake roof repair.
Common Cedar Roof Repairs
Cedar Shingle Splitting
Customers often ask if split cedar shingles are OK. This is completely normal. As a natural wood, cedar shingles expand and contract in different weather. Over years of expanding and contracting cedar shingles can split, crack and buckle. The Green Bay roofers at Overhead Solutions can insert metal shims underneath the cracked cedar shake to prevent leaks and further damage.
Cedar Roof Discoloration
Cedar shake shingles receive a number of treatments to prevent excess discoloration from sun and weather. Even so, after years of enduring the harsh summer sun and brutal Green Bay winters your cedar roof will experience some discoloration. Turn to the Green Bay roofing contractors at Overhead Solutions for cedar shake color treatments.
Top 10 Roofing Questions
to ask before you hire a roofer
- Does your company have a current license, workman's comp, and liability coverage? All 3 should be a YES, and don't forget to ask for proof of each.
- Can you provide me with references in my area? A great way to look into a roofing company is to talk with their references; go see the work they have done.
- Is there a deposit? What are the terms of payment for the roofing system installed?
- What is the time frame before you can start the work? What is time frame for competition once you do start the work?
- If a re-roofing permit is required in my area, who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- In the event that your equipment, or supplier's equipment should damage my property, who is liable?
- Do you hire sub-contractors for this work? If so, what are their names and license numbers? If contractor does hire sub-contractors it is very important to obtain the certificate of insurance from that sub-contractor so you are not held liable for any accident that may occur on the job.
- Who will haul away the old roofing material or project waste?
- Are you a current member of any local or national roofing associations?
- Do you require I do anything specific to prepare my home before the re-roofing project?
Northeast Wisconsin Roofing Contractor
- Green Bay Roofing Contractors
- Oshkosh Roofing Contractors
- Appleton Roofing Contractors
- Brown County Roofing Contractors
- Calumet County Roofing Contractors
- Door County Roofing Contractors
- Fond du Lac County Roofing Contractors
- Kewaunee County Roofing Contractors
- Manitowoc County Roofing Contractors
- Marinette County Roofing Contractors
- Menominee County Roofing Contractors
- Oconto County Roofing Contractors
- Outagamie County Roofing Contractors
- Portage County Roofing Contractors
- Shawano County Roofing Contractors
- Sheboygan County Roofing Contractors
- Waupaca County Roofing Contractors
- Waushara County Roofing Contractors
- Winnebago County Roofing Contractors