Stone Coated Steel Roof Repair in Green Bay
Overhead Solutions Solves All Stone Coated Metal Roof Problems
A number of Green Bay homeowners choose Decra stone coated steel roofing tiles for their durability and wonderful design styles. Even when installed correctly by the experts at Overhead Solutions homeowners still experience Decra roofing problems despite the system’s quality construction and legendary durability. Turn to the Green Bay roof repair pros at Overhead Solutions for stone coated roof repair.
Common Stone Coated Steel Metal Roof Problems
Stone Coated Metal Roof Discoloration
Decra roofing systems use exposed fasteners which are then covered by a sealant or adhesive. After years of enduring harsh summer sun and brutal Green Bay winters, the sealant begins to degrade. Once exposed to the elements the fasteners can rust, causing discoloration on the stone tiles. Discoloration can also occur if your roof uses copper or lead flashings. The roof repair experts at Overhead Solutions can repair discolored Decra stone tiles and restore your roof back to its original glory.
Stone Coated Metal Roof Hip & Ridge Damage
Like all roofs, hips & ridges on stone coated metal roofs are the most exposed to damage from the elements. Decra roofing systems use a complicated hip & ridge system specific to the type of tile or shake pattern of the roof. Don’t trust a cut-rate roofer to repair your stone coated metal roof. Turn to the Green Bay roofers at Overhead Solutions for professional Decra roof repair.
Six Layers of Protection from the Elements
- Acrylic Priming System – applied to both sides of the panel, this layer acts as a uniform substrate to help other layers better adhere to the steel
- Aluminum-Zinc Alloy Coating – provides protection from corrosion for more than 50 years (even for holes, scratches, and exposed edges) in most environments
- Structural-Grade Steel – has a 37ksi minimum tensile strength, making it strong enough to hold against almost any extreme weather forces, yet able to be molded to fit the profile of your home’s structure
- Basecoat – forms the adhesive bonding the stone and steel, and reinforces the corrosion-resistance of the aluminum-zinc coating
- Ceramic-Coated Stone Granules – applied for maximum protection of the steel from UV light and water, and available in various colors to help your home’s aesthetic appeal
- Overglaze – a tough final coating adds resistance to the physical elements and helps adhere the stone granules to the steel plate
Top 10 Roofing Questions
to ask before you hire a roofer
- Does your company have a current license, workman's comp, and liability coverage? All 3 should be a YES, and don't forget to ask for proof of each.
- Can you provide me with references in my area? A great way to look into a roofing company is to talk with their references; go see the work they have done.
- Is there a deposit? What are the terms of payment for the roofing system installed?
- What is the time frame before you can start the work? What is time frame for competition once you do start the work?
- If a re-roofing permit is required in my area, who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- In the event that your equipment, or supplier's equipment should damage my property, who is liable?
- Do you hire sub-contractors for this work? If so, what are their names and license numbers? If contractor does hire sub-contractors it is very important to obtain the certificate of insurance from that sub-contractor so you are not held liable for any accident that may occur on the job.
- Who will haul away the old roofing material or project waste?
- Are you a current member of any local or national roofing associations?
- Do you require I do anything specific to prepare my home before the re-roofing project?
Northeast Wisconsin Roofing Contractor
- Green Bay Roofing Contractors
- Oshkosh Roofing Contractors
- Appleton Roofing Contractors
- Brown County Roofing Contractors
- Calumet County Roofing Contractors
- Door County Roofing Contractors
- Fond du Lac County Roofing Contractors
- Kewaunee County Roofing Contractors
- Manitowoc County Roofing Contractors
- Marinette County Roofing Contractors
- Menominee County Roofing Contractors
- Oconto County Roofing Contractors
- Outagamie County Roofing Contractors
- Portage County Roofing Contractors
- Shawano County Roofing Contractors
- Sheboygan County Roofing Contractors
- Waupaca County Roofing Contractors
- Waushara County Roofing Contractors
- Winnebago County Roofing Contractors