Flat EPDM/Rubber Roofing in Green Bay
Flat Roofing Specialists in Wisconsin
Any flat roof specialist worth his salt knows there’s no such thing as a truly flat roof. Every roof should have at least a minimal gradient to make sure there is absolutely no standing water left behind by snow or rain.
Flat Roof Repairs
Flat roof repairs can be tricky because pinpointing the exact location of a problem is hard on low-slope roofs. If there is a leak, the water often travels and spreads before reaching a noticeable area on the interior of the building.
Overhead Solutions knows how to find the source of the problem as efficiently as possible, then makes lasting repairs so you don’t have more leaks in the future. The repaired section won’t stand out from the rest of the roof either; we do everything it takes to blend the repairs in with the other materials. The only reason you can tell a repair was done is the lack of leaking when we’re gone. Trust Overhead Solutions for reliable roof repair services.
What is EPDM Roofing
EPDM stands for ethylene propylene diene terpolymer. It’s an extremely durable rubber used in many applications from roofing to the sealant in your car doors. In roofing, it’s often the popular choice for low-slope roofs and commercial buildings due to its proven lifespan in the field—EPDM roofs have the longest service life of any commercial roofing material.
Beneficial Characteristics of EPDM
- Ability to withstand hail up to 3”
- Resistance to thermal shock (quick temperature changes)
- Resistance to warping/change at high temperatures
- Flexibility retention in cold weather
- Ultraviolet light resistance
- Withstands winds with uplift of 120+ mph
EPDM Roofing Costs and Installation
Another benefit to EPDM roofing is its cost. The material itself costs less than other types of roofing, such TPO roofing, and the installation costs far less as well. Not nearly as much labor and simple procedure keeps the costs down for the contractors and businesses alike.
Flat-roofed commercial buildings popularly pick EPDM roofing because of its weather-resistant characteristics. Insurance companies sometimes offer reduced rates for buildings with EPDM roofing because of its long lifespan and incredible durability. Check with your insurance company to see if they offer reduced rates for having EPDM roofing installed on your commercial building.
Color Variations of EPDM Roofing
Rubber roofing has traditionally been available only in black. However, companies now manufacture white EPDM roofing as well. White EPDM can reflect the heat otherwise absorbed by the traditional black variant, which helps to keep the building cool in summer and keep cooling costs down. This is great for factories, warehouses, and other industrial buildings where storing things at certain temperatures or keeping work conditions optimal is important. In winter, the white EPDM still acts as a great insulator, helping to retain the heat inside and keep your heating bills down as well.
Contact Overhead Solutions for an estimate on your business’ new EPDM roofing or repair.
Top 10 Roofing Questions
to ask before you hire a roofer
- Does your company have a current license, workman's comp, and liability coverage? All 3 should be a YES, and don't forget to ask for proof of each.
- Can you provide me with references in my area? A great way to look into a roofing company is to talk with their references; go see the work they have done.
- Is there a deposit? What are the terms of payment for the roofing system installed?
- What is the time frame before you can start the work? What is time frame for competition once you do start the work?
- If a re-roofing permit is required in my area, who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- In the event that your equipment, or supplier's equipment should damage my property, who is liable?
- Do you hire sub-contractors for this work? If so, what are their names and license numbers? If contractor does hire sub-contractors it is very important to obtain the certificate of insurance from that sub-contractor so you are not held liable for any accident that may occur on the job.
- Who will haul away the old roofing material or project waste?
- Are you a current member of any local or national roofing associations?
- Do you require I do anything specific to prepare my home before the re-roofing project?
Northeast Wisconsin Roofing Contractor
- Green Bay Roofing Contractors
- Oshkosh Roofing Contractors
- Appleton Roofing Contractors
- Brown County Roofing Contractors
- Calumet County Roofing Contractors
- Door County Roofing Contractors
- Fond du Lac County Roofing Contractors
- Kewaunee County Roofing Contractors
- Manitowoc County Roofing Contractors
- Marinette County Roofing Contractors
- Menominee County Roofing Contractors
- Oconto County Roofing Contractors
- Outagamie County Roofing Contractors
- Portage County Roofing Contractors
- Shawano County Roofing Contractors
- Sheboygan County Roofing Contractors
- Waupaca County Roofing Contractors
- Waushara County Roofing Contractors
- Winnebago County Roofing Contractors