Roofing Contractor Checklist
About Overhead Solutions >> Ten Questions To Ask Your Roofing Contractor
Due diligence is essential when hiring a Green Bay Roofing Contractor
Homeowners should know exactly what they’re getting when hiring a Green Bay Roofing Contractor. Every year consumer protection agencies receive thousands of complaints regarding roofing contractors and installers. Before committing to a new roof, there are a few questions to ask when hiring a roofing contractor.
How do I get a quote for a new roof?
- Initial phone call(s) – Call several roofing companies in your area to find out who may offer a free estimate.
- Arrange a meeting time – Your roofing contractor should meet you at your convenience to ask you about your project and any concerns.
- Roof evaluation – Your contractor will typically spend 30 minutes to an hour getting a close look at your roof’s current condition and taking measurements.
- Proposal – You should get an estimate the same day or within approximately one business day.
What should I bring to my meeting with a roofing contractor?
- Any questions or concerns – Share what concerns you may have about your roof, and why you plan to replace it. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Acceptable timeline – If you have a required start or end date, be sure to let your contractor know. Your timeline could affect your quote or even the availability of your roofing contractor.
- Any other expectations – Do you want a guarantee for workmanship quality? Do you require a well-defined termination clause? Be sure to discuss any expectations with your contractor.
Other important questions to ask your roofing contractor:
Top 10 Roofing Questions
to ask before you hire a roofer
- Does your company have a current license, workman's comp, and liability coverage? All 3 should be a YES, and don't forget to ask for proof of each.
- Can you provide me with references in my area? A great way to look into a roofing company is to talk with their references; go see the work they have done.
- Is there a deposit? What are the terms of payment for the roofing system installed?
- What is the time frame before you can start the work? What is time frame for competition once you do start the work?
- If a re-roofing permit is required in my area, who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- In the event that your equipment, or supplier's equipment should damage my property, who is liable?
- Do you hire sub-contractors for this work? If so, what are their names and license numbers? If contractor does hire sub-contractors it is very important to obtain the certificate of insurance from that sub-contractor so you are not held liable for any accident that may occur on the job.
- Who will haul away the old roofing material or project waste?
- Are you a current member of any local or national roofing associations?
- Do you require I do anything specific to prepare my home before the re-roofing project?
- Green Bay Commercial Roofers
- Appleton Commercial Roofers
- Oshkosh Commercial Roofers
- Brown County Commercial Roofers
- Calumet County Commercial Roofers
- Door County Commercial Roofers
- Fond du Lac County Commercial Roofers
- Kewaunee County Commercial Roofers
- Lincoln County Commercial Roofers
- Manitowoc County Commercial Roofers
- Marinette County Commercial Roofers
- Menominee County Commercial Roofers
- Oconto County Commercial Roofers
- Outagamie County Commercial Roofers
- Portage County Commercial Roofers
- Shawano County Commercial Roofers
- Sheboygan County Commercial Roofers
- Sturgeon Bay Commercial Roofers
- Waupaca County Commercial Roofers
- Waushara County Commercial Roofers
- Winnebago County Commercial Roofers