Emergency Roof Repair in Green Bay
According to the National Weather Service, roughly 23 tornadoes and more than 40 thunderstorms occur every year in Wisconsin. Heavy rain, wind, debris, and snow during storms can cause unexpected roof damage. When it comes to your home’s roof, the faster you assess and repair it, the less it will cost you. We offer emergency roof repair services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for urgent repair needs in the Green Bay area. We perform asphalt roof repair, stone roof repair, metal roof repair, and more.
Get a free quote
4 Signs your Roof Needs a Repair
There are many common signs your roof may be due for a roof repair, including:
- Damaged or missing shingles: If you notice some of your shingles are missing or damaged, it could be a sign your roof is due for a repair or a replacement.
- Sagging: If your roof is sagging or has areas that are non-intentionally lower than others, you may have structural damage on your roof.
- Leaks: Water leaking through your ceiling or walls should not be ignored - this is a sign your roof is no longer repelling water and moisture.
- Age: As roofs age, they can become more prone to damage and may need repair more frequently. A roof that is more than 20 years old should be inspected annually by a professional so damages can be fixed before they become irreversible.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to have your roof inspected by a professional to determine the extent of the damage and whether repairs are necessary. Ignoring the problem could lead to more serious and costly issues down the line.
What to Do if Your Roof is Leaking
A leaking roof is not a joking matter. As soon as you notice your roof is leaking you should take the necessary steps to prevent your roof from further damage.
- Locate the source of the leak: first, you should identify where the leak is coming from. Leaks commonly seep through the ceiling, cracks in walls, or collect somewhere in the attic, causing drooping or stains on your ceiling.
- Protect your valuables: you never know how much water has accumulated in your ceiling. If you notice your ceiling is leaking, move any valuables you have out of harm's way to avoid water damage.
- Catch the water: if your roof is slowly leaking, placing a bucket, container, or garbage can beneath the leak to catch the water can help prevent damage to your flooring or personal items.
- Contact an emergency roof contractor: a leaking roof should be addressed as soon as possible. Contacting an emergency roof repair contractor like Overhead Solutions is your best bet at getting the damage fixed quickly before the damage becomes irreversible.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Roof Repairs in Green Bay?
Homeowners' insurance for Green Bay homes will typically cover the cost of roof repair if the damage is caused by natural events like a storm or fire. Damages like old age or poor installation are usually not covered by insurance. It’s important to note only certain types of damages will be covered by insurance depending on the provider and the coverage you pay for.
Insurance Claims For Roof Storm Damage
Storms are the leading cause of roof damage. According to Bankrate, 45.5% of homeowners’ insurance claims were related to wind and hail damage, with an average claim payout of $13,804 (2020). The most common causes of property insurance claims in 2020 were the following:
|% of Insurance Claims Filed (2020)
|Average Claim Payout
|Wind & Hail
|$5,000 - $15,000
|Fire & Lightning
|$30,000 - $50,000
|Water Damage & Ice
|$5,000 - $10,000
|Other Property Damage
|$2,000 - $10,000
With storm damage being such a large slice of the pie, it’s important you have a reputable roofing company like Overhead Solutions to help you with emergency repairs.